We have sent home the Statutory spelling list for Years 3 and 4, please help your child learn these.
Here is our recommended method for this week...
Look. say, cover, write check.
This method works as it is a multi-sensory approach, using sight, sound and touch: research shows that the more senses a child involves in their learning, the better the outcome.
Encourage your child to start with a list of 10 words(or less)
- Look at the word carefully. Pay attention not just to the letters and their order, but also to the shape the word makes on the page - joined up handwriting can help with this.
- Say it aloud. Say the word both as you would usually say it, and then again enunciating any silent letters, e.g. Wed – nes – day.
- Cover the word with a piece of paper or your hand
- Write the word down from memory.
- Check your answer letter by letter. If you’ve got it wrong, write it out again correctly.
This is most effective if repeated every day for a week before choosing another 10 words.
Welcome to Badgers' class page
At the start of the new year we'd like to welcome you to our class web page. Here are a few things we would like to remind you of:
- Please read with your child every evening - if possible - and sign their contact book. Preferably their school reading book but it could also be a book they have used for research, a book they are enjoying at home, an instruction booklet, a newspaper etc.
- Homework will usually be handed out on a Friday for return the following Tuesday, this could take the form of a written or practical task - as always if your child is experiencing difficulty with this we are always happy to help in school. Homework always includes learning times tables and the year 3/4 spelling words.
- PE will usually be on a Thursday and Friday afternoon but may happen on other days so please ensure your child has a full PE kit in school at all times - you may want to include a blue or black tracksuit for the colder months.
We aim to have high expectations for learning in Badgers and hope that you will join us on this exciting journey, many thanks Miss Goodall and Mrs Buckley.
Here you will find some of the exciting learning that took place in Badger's class during 2018-2019