Sports Premium 2014-2015
The government continues to provide extra funding for PE and Sport. Sellindge Primary School received approximately £8500 from Sport Premium funding in 2013-14 and will receive the same for 2014-15.
In 2013-14 the majority of the funds were used to employ a dance/gymnastics specialist one day per week. The specialist worked with each class, class teacher and teaching assistant for one hour each week in order to up skill staff and improve provision. In the last term of the year, the class teacher took the dance/gymnastics class whilst the specialist supported and offered advice. This has resulted in much improved planning and delivery of dance and gymnastics.
In addition the school has purchased an inter-school sports package delivered by the Shepway Sports Partnership.
- Active after school clubs this year have included dance, multi sports, netball, football, athletics, gymnastics, playground games.
- Children have attended offsite sessions in archery, tennis, cricket and multi sports.
- Funding was provided to ensure our netball and football teams had the appropriate kit and equipment and that they subscribed to the local leagues and tournaments. As a result we were able to enter two netball teams in the Ashford Small Schools Tournament and were delighted when our first team won. Our football team had success in the Ashford Soccer Tournament and played many matches against local schools.
- Children in lower KS2 attended swimming lessons.
- Year 6 attended PGL residential trip and took part in a variety of activities including raft building, abseiling, orienteering and team building games.
- Year 5 participated in activities on Wye Downs.
- Athletics in school was followed by participation in the Shepway Schools District Sports Festival at the Julie Rose Stadium.
Please click on the documents below to find out more about how the Sports Funding was used in 2013/14 and our plans for 2014/15.