Tuesday 24th tMarch 2020
Design and Technology Slipper Project
LO I can create a template for the sole of my slipper.
I’m hoping we can complete some of this project at home as we made such a great start in class.
But I understand it might be tricky. So remember:
- Even if you can’t actually make a slipper you can still join in these activities.
- You do not need to use sewing in your design.
- You could make a slipper sock rather than a slipper.
- Your end piece may just be a careful drawing of your design.
Today we need to create a template of our foot, or if you would like to make the slippers for another family member then their feet!
How to make a template:
- Find the yellow sheet of paper in your DT pack. (If it's lost use a piece of newspaper or any paper you can find.)
- Put on a pair of socks and draw around your feet. When you draw around your feet make the line a little bigger than your foot. Remember your foot needs to fit inside the slipper
- Cut out the pair of templates.
- Label them left and right.
- Put the templates in your DT pack safe for the next session. Good Job Foxes!