Otters Music (KS1)
To day you are going to be singing and thinking about celebration food.
Before listening Talk about the children’s favourite foods for different times of day (breakfast, lunch, supper, etc), for different seasons and at parties.
You will need: Any musical instruments you have.
We are thinking about: Simple rhythms
Click here to listen to Music Radio session 4
Please send in any photos or audios if you would like to share what you have done at home. You can say whether you would like just for me to look at them or whether you would like them posted on the website.
Badgers and Foxes Music (KS2)
Session 5 – Practice and perform your song.
Here are the instructions for creating your song.
1) Choose your piece of music, close your eyes and listen and see how it makes you feel and what ideas come into your head.
2) Write the lyrics (words) of your song. A song has a verse and a chorus that is repeated.
3) Decide the melody or tune of your song, it can be the same as the piece of music you chose or different.
4) Think about the beginning (intro) and the ending of the song.
5) Test out your song and practice it.
LO I can compose a simple song from a range of stimuli and develop this into a completed composition
Today. Hopefully last week you worked on completing your song with a melody (tune) beginning and ending. Today can you practice it through and if possible perform it to someone? Ask them for their feedback.
When we get back to school I would love to see and listen to your songs if you would like to share them.