Follow the links in the table below to some fun games.
Questions you could ask
Links to activities
1. To recall all pairs of numbers with a total of 10
Show fingers and ask how many more are needed to complete two hands.
What goes with 9 to make 10?
Which two coins can make 10p?
2. To recall addition facts for each number to 5
How many different ways can you use 1p and 2p to make 5p?
What is 1 less than 5?
There are five cakes in a box, and I ate three of them. How many are left?
3. To recall subtraction facts for each number to 5
4. To count on or back in twos, fives and tens
Continue this sequence: 2, 4, 6...
If I have four tens, how many is that?
Can I end up on a number ending in ??? if I count on in fives?
Counting on or back
5. To recall the doubles of all numbers to 10
How many fingers are on four hands?
A plant doubles in size each week. This week, it is 1 cm tall. How tall will it be in two weeks time?
What is double 8?
What is half of 8?